Madison Credit Union is looking for enthusiastic, driven, and customer service oriented individuals to join our team.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Collection Specialist – Part Time
This is an independent position that requires a highly motivated and organized person. This person is solely responsible for the control of delinquent loans by establishing a relationship with past due members and following the credit union’s policies and procedures. This is a part time position at 20-25 hours a week Monday – Friday.
Primary Job Duties
- Work delinquent loans from the 1st notice of delinquency to final resolution.
- Investigate members questions and concerns, and communicate with them in person, by phone and mail etc.
- Analyze delinquent accounts to determine if they are uncollectable based on past due status and payment history.
- Advise members of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Monitor and resolve members accounts and payment status.
- Prepare notice of Involuntary/Voluntary Surrender of Collateral as needed and confirm that all required notices have been provided to necessary parties.
- Take appropriate post judgment action on debt, including repossession and garnishments.
- Attend small claims and replevin hearings as required.
- Adhere to all established company guidelines and policies for collection processes.
- Proficient in maintaining, updating and tracking notes in regards to past due and/or collection actions.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform in an effective efficient manner
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal verbal and written skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Proficient computer and math skills as well as attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of stress tolerance, persistence and patience while remaining focused.
- Knowledge of collection laws in the Wisconsin Consumer Act along with the fundamentals of collection concepts and practices.